Monday, September 12, 2011

Happy Birthday Mart

 Today would have been my friend Mart (Martha)'s birthday.  Less then a year ago, I got a phone call from her.  She had been to the doctor's.  They did some routine blood work, and she was now waiting to hear back from them, but they were pretty sure she had cancer.  And sadly they were.  On March 1, the Lord brought Mart home to live with him.  It's still just as hard for me to grasp this today as it was that day.  Mart and I had a roller coaster of a friendship. Our lows were low, but our ups were some of the highest moments of my life.  She always made me laugh (he's not all that and a bag of chips, construction workers and ice cream cones, ask Patty about the thongs.  LOL).  She was a blessing to me and my children.  They have such fond memories of her (and thank her each time the get to blow a straw wrapper). 

Little bits and pieces of memories find their way into our days.  An old birthday card, a letter she wrote.  The "Mom's Taxi" she gave me has a permanent spot hanging from my rear-view mirror.  All the memories that we created together are permanently etched in my heart. 

I created this layout as a tribute to her.  She is so deeply missed. 
 
Layout by KB Custom Creations using Afternoon Delight by JW Digiscraps
What moves through us is a silence, a quiet sadness, a longing for one more day, one more word, one more touch. We may not understand why you left this earth so soon, or why you left before we were ready to say good-bye, but little by little, we begin to remember not just that you died, but that you lived. And that your life gave us memories too beautiful to forget. Happy Birthday Mart.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment